10) going to Disneyland 5 times (sure, 3 of those days were for 3 hours or less, but still).
8) running on the beach. there is something so perfect to me about running on the beach. it's like heaven for me, so it was like heaven to get to do it a handful of times while there. i love running with the ocean breeze, the views all around, and sometimes even get the company of my dad. this time was super duper awesome because i saw dolphins swimming on a sunset run- it was the first time i had ever seen dolphins there and was pretty sweet. we actually saw them a couple of times after that, too- it's a common time of year for them to be pretty close to the shore. i think dolphins are so cool so i was pretty pumped.
7) along with running on the beach, we got to spend several days just playing at the beach- the weather was perfect! i live in California- but am still amazed at beach weather in Feb/early March. (plus Northern Cal is a little different from Southern- we typically experience more seasonal weather than Southern, hence the rain this week). one reason the beach was so fun was because the girls got to debut their 2012 swimsuits. it was not-so-awesome that my ultra-whiteness made its 2012 debut in a frumpy swimsuit- but whatevs. the girls looked so adorable and that's what really matters.
6) we ate a whole lotta delicious food. from authentic Mexican, to Chick-fil-a, to Cafe Rio, our favorite coconut water, Sprinkles cupcakes, in-n-out, Rocco's fried chicken and waffles, all my favorite homemade things from mama's kitchen, and the most delicious brie-pear sandwich i've ever eaten (not to even mention all the delicious Disneyland food). yeah i gained like 10 lbs easily. i love food so so so so so so much. (and so does Alice- she especially loved gammy's pantry- we'd find her sneaking snacks at least 5 times a day). note: as if it wasn't obvious, my heaven is going to be made of delicious food.
5) borrowing sister's clothes. it took everything righteous in me to not steal that blazer. i miss living with other girls and sharing clothes.
3) watching the Polar Bear pace up and down the ice straight at Ellie and Alice, and the huge sea turtles swim right at us at Sea World. Sea World had a promotion going on that if you bought a ticket for that day you could get in the rest of the year free.- isn't that awesome? i'm so excited because i think Sea World is pretty amazing. the girls loved the shows- Alice kept saying, "woooww! whoooaaa!" she was so cute. and they also absolutely lovvved the Sesame Street Bay at Play kid area. the workers had to kick us out after closing because the girls wouldn't leave. my poor mom is a total-rule follower so she was a little mortified that we were being reprimanded for playing 15 extra minutes after it closed.
2) going out with my lil sis, and seeing the movie 'The Artist.' sure, we dozed a little- but that's what you get when you go to the 10:00 pm showing of a silent film. in spite of that, it was absolutely wonderful- it reminded me so much of Singin' in the Rain, my very favorite movie (i type this while listening to its soundtrack)- which i think made me love it more. i am convinced i was born in the wrong era.
and here are a few extra happies:
happy happy happy trip.
love my family, so so much.
love that Southern California, so so much.