Saturday, December 10, 2011

San Francisco Ballet: the Nutcracker

-train ride
-10 second burger king stop- enough time to photograph our tickets
-balcony seating
-a happy, festive family memory- where Ellie repeatedly asked thousands of questions throughout the performance ...including whether or not she could wear a sparkly tutu like the snow princess someday
-dreaming of the sugar plum fairy...





...just some of my favorite moments from our date to see the Nutcracker with Ellie last night.

though, i think my favorite part was when Ellie asked if the baby being pushed in the stroller at the beginning was baby Jesus. yes, i think we are doing a good job of instilling the true meaning of Christmas into our children's brains. i'm so proud.

xoxo

5 comments:

Jenny said...

it was so fun to run into you as we got off the BART! i have such a special memory now of all of us stuffing our faces with french fries on the way to the Nutcracker.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I absolutley love the way you capture life, so vibrant & warm w/out fail.

Allie said...

Ellie looks so sweet in that sleeping picture. I love sleeping baby faces! I bet baby Jesus had a cute one too...

Megan said...

What a darling mama you are! I seriously cannot wait until I can take Emerie & Ava to the Nutcracker - such a fun tradition! Sending love to your sweet family :)

Linda said...

What a precious experience. You are adorable parents. What a lucky little girl Ellie is.
Sending you my love and a HUGE "Christmasie" hug.