7. if you want to make a spectacle of yourself, lock your keys in the car, and then call the fire-department to come to your rescue. you'll get lots of attention- and have lots of laughs about it.
always lock the porta-potty stall. well, unless you want a middle-aged dad walking in on you hovering over the pot.
5. looking fantastic while running is a secret to success. Kristin was by far the best-dressed 80's gal on our team. a few of us tried to rock it, but fell just a tad short of the awesome line...though our hot-pink nail polish was pretty sweet. next time, i will surely take it to the next level, because i'm convinced it helps you run faster...and sexier.
4. running 2 days straight with friends (and with strangers) makes you family.
3. learning how to follow a map could be a useful skill to have -- unless you want to run additional miles...say, 3 of them, after an already longish 7 mile run.
2. dancing and singing all the way through your runs makes them far more enjoyable. i never knew how empowered i'd feel by singing black-eyed-peas' "Imma Be" at the top of my lungs in the middle of the night by myself. and dancing through a finish line was definitely a memorable experience.
and the number 1 thing i learned from the Napa Valley Ragnar is:
tattoos make you feel strong.
and make they you want to flex in any and every photo op possible.
every lost wink of sleep, extra mile ran, tummy ache, ugly speedo bum, and smelly pasture was worth it!
it was a total blast-something i'll definitely be doing again. thanks for fantastically fun time Ladie's From the 80's!
-a BIG shout out to M for holding the fort while i was gone...and for the extra adorable poster he/Ellie made together for me when i got home. i especially liked the stick figures, squiggles, and salty snacks. my people are so cute.