i think M was feelin' bad a couple months ago when he realized that he'd be outta town for my birthday for a work training. if i'm being onest, i wanted to put him in the dog house....though i realize it is the first of many things he'll probably be missing in our lifetime together.
but ladies and gentlemen, he's outta the dog house with this wonderful San Francisco outing he planned for us last night. check this out....
on the itinerary:
- g+g chapman get Ellie for the afternoon (so we'd be baby free!) (thanks g+g!!)
- a ride on the train (bart) into San Francisco
- the final Giants game of the season ( i ♥ baseball games...you can't get more American than that..unless you add peanuts and hot dogs, that is)
- a walk exploring and shopping in the city (discovering Union Square and Market Street)
- an early dinner at Osha, a very yummy Thai restaurant
- a frantic run trying to find Ghirardelli square...only to realize my iPhone directed us to a Ghirardelli shop instead of the square..........which led us to riding the bus (aka the Muni) all around town until we finally found it and had the moooosssttt delicious butterscotch, caramel, hot fudge sundae EVER (which i most definitely paid for later-- i'm lactose intolerant, remember?)
- a taxi ride with a classic cabbie to take us to our final GRAND destination...........
- the grand finale:
it just doesn't get better than a date in a city, eating sunflower seeds while watching homeruns go into the bay, eating yummy food, slurping a delicious sundae, and seeing a fun show...all with the company man of my dreams. thanks my Mr. for a perfectly splendid day in my new favorite city. i could get used to this "two weeks of birthday celebrations" thang.
p.s. am i convincing any of you to come and visit me yet???
yes, i still need friends.
i'm told it takes time.
but i never was the patient type :)