and i'm not very good at it.
i'm blogging while hanging out with hubby + E, while giving E a bath, while thinking about american idol and how much i hate that Kris had a bad night...
please tell me you do this too.
all this multi-tasking is leading to many unfinished (or procrastinated) projects.
i just posted a blog post entitled "unfinished projects"... from march. i was going to blog about unfinished projects but never finished it. now that's ironic.
other unfinished projects:
- wedding album (still)
- Kindergarten Books (which need to be finished by Thursday)
- buying a wedding gift for this weekend's wedding of one of my bf's, Mere
- organizing and putting away E's grown-out clothes (i just BARELY took out her 6 months clothes on Sunday. it was very sad. and when i say "i took them out," i mean, i just folded them and put them in a bag in her closet with the rest of her clothes. let's just say her closet is getting pre-tty full.)
- etc, etc, etc. (aka: the list is depressingly long, and i'll just stop there)
i've learned the way to get through hectic times is to live by a countdown. deadlines. makes it all go by...faster?
in fact, remember just under a year ago, living by the ultimate countdown. the countdown to motherhood. whoa. i had a little ticker that said something like "29 days to go." i remember thinking each day, 29 days, i can do this. 28 days, i can do this. little did i know that at 0 days, i couldn't do it anymore and i was still doing it. i'm contradicting myself now with the whole countdown thing. but really, it does keep me sane.
- 3 days till one of my oldest, sweetest friends gets married. i love weddings. i love things like this to look forward to.
- 17 school days left (singing "celebrate good times, COME ON! let's celebrate") which means:
- only 17 days till SUMMER BREAK and EARLY RETIREMENT and being a MOM, 100%.
- 1 month till i receive my teaching license- FINALLY!
- 37 days till E turns 1 (what!?)
- 2 months till my favorite holiday, the 4th of July (pow pow! (that's the sound of fireworks))
- 3 1/2 months till we MOVE (sniff, sniff). which means packing. good-byes. heart ache. change. new friendships. packing (i can't help not being overwhelmed by the thought of PACKING...and packing tape. and bubble wrap. and all that jazz.).
what are you counting down to?? if you're not counting down to anything...i encourage you to find something. it's fun. you'll see. and maybe it will keep you sane. or maybe it will make you even crazier than before.