i'd like to take care of five items of business, please.
1. wowsers. thank you SO much for all of your comments about my new 'do. it was like year-book day receiving all of your lovely notes (minus the "call me" and "stay cool" and "U R HOT" messages). made my lil heart swell. how did i get so lucky to have all of you in my life?
2. it's March 30th. THE END OF MARCH. what happened to March?
3. i reeeealllllyyyy realllllyyyy despise April Fool's day. so please...pretty please with a cherry on top...don't try and trick me on Wednesday.
4. last week was teacher appreciation week. being a teacher is awesome, but being a teacher during teacher appreciation week is THE BOMB. lots of sweet notes, flowers, little surprises, yummy food.....and lots of treats. which leads me to #5
5. i'm laying off the sugar till Easters. really. i am. my poor lil Abs are in there somewhere...hiding behind all the sugar and junk i keep consuming. and while i'd like to blame it on the nursing, M and i made a deal last night: no sugar till Easter. i mean that's only two weeks. right? i can do it. so, this morning, i put away all my delicious treats in this little box:
and now i need to find a really high place to hide it.
my question: how do you convince yourself to lay off sugar? it's so hard. and addicting.
i got some of this sugar-free gum:
which hopefully will help.....because i'm already craving sugar and salivating over it and it's only 9:34 am. i reallllllly want some of those cadbury eggs.
even though it's the end of the world as i know it, i won't back down.
maybe after one bite.
of one little egg.
i need therapy.