Monday, January 28, 2008

a tribute.

Dear President Hinckley,

I never got to meet you in person, though I somehow feel that I knew you well. I never had a conversation with you, though I loved the sound of your voice. I never got to shake your hand, though I loved to see you wave it. I know that you don't know me and my laughter, but somehow I can't keep the tears back thinking about how much I already miss your jokes and laughing at them. I know I never got the chance to tell you this, but you truly have had the most profound impact on me. Since I was 9, you've been the prophet who has taught me to have faith in the Savior, you've helped build and strengthen my testimony of the gospel, you've shown me how to be optimistic amidst bleak and heavy trials, you've given me a deep love and appreciation for temples, you've shown me how to love unconditionally, and you've taught me by example how to live a life full of hard-work and service. I will love and remember you forever.

Your Friend,

Marci

7 comments:

Tiffany Johnson said...

Marci, you are such a sweetheart! You have such a big heart! I appreciate that I can call you my friend!!! :-)

anne said...

That was so great. Has anyone told you that you are such a good writer? Honestly...I loved it.

Brooke said...

again your such a good writer! so sweet.

Erika said...

Marci! It's Erika from high school. Came across your blog from looking at Ashlee Ossmen's. So glad to be able to stay in touch with you. Congrats on the baby girl! Girls are sooo fun! Our blog is www.kennardfamilyblog.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.

jenna said...

you are so talented. i LOVE your blog. glad you and baby are doing well.

Unknown said...

marci.. that almost made me cry at work!!!

erin said...

such a beautiful letter...thanks for your words.