Friday, August 3, 2007

all journeys have an end.

well, folks, i'm packin my bags! i'm currently at work on my LAST DAY. It's true, my actual last day of work at the Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University. It's a very slow summery day at the Library...kind of lethargic (which is out of character for our Dean's office). But somehow, the lethargy is kind of nice. It's given me the chance to reflect on my year here...the wonderful people i've met, the memories i've made and the laughs we've shared. it's a unique place, the HBLL...I never thought i'd get up the courage to leave Harold... i think it's given whole new meaning to the phrase, "It's not you, it's me." It's hard to say good-bye...in fact, it brings a song to mind: It's Hard to Say Good-bye from the play "Dream Girls."
"We've been together a long time...we never thought it would end. We were also close to each other, you were always my friend....And it's hard to say good-bye my love, it's hard to see you cry my love, hard to open up that door, when you're not sure what you're goin' for..." You know, I truly couldn't say it better myself. I'm so glad for all the friendships and associations I've made...and even though it's so hard to say good-bye, a corner of my heart is glad and ready to open a new door...and close this chapter called "Brigham Young University." (sigh).

No comments: