how do my days fill themselves these days, you may ask?
well...let's just say i feel like i could be a lactation specialist. 99% of what i do these days has to do with the whole NURSING thing: i'm feeding ellie, i'm changing nursing pads, i'm pumping, i'm feeding again, i'm pumping again, i'm leaking. seriously. i had no idea this would be such an involved process.
which is where this book comes in:
my mom gave it to me this summer- and really, i think i would have found it pretty grotesque before i embarked on this adventure...but now i find it absolutely hilarious. from now on, i think i'll slip in an occasional exerpt from this little treasure. today's pick:
"top ten things your boobs would say if they could talk:
1. since when are we open twenty four hours?
2. get the soothing gel. get it now.
3. sir, this is a "babies only" zone.
4. kid, how can you NOT SEE our nipples when they're the size of paper plates?
5. woo hoo! we're spraying across the room!
6. wow, we look spectacular!
7. wait, now we look like old gym socks.
8. hmmm, do we hear a baby crying somewh...and there's the milk.
9. hey, we don't get paid enough to work this hard.
10. oh great. a tooth."
to all you nursing mommies out there... i know you can relate.